The central government of India blocked 43 more apps, citing security reasons. Many of the apps belong to Chinese companies, such as the Alibaba Group, which created four of these. The minister of Electronics and IT ordered the block on these apps only earlier today.
The ministry then cited that the apps engaged in activities which are “prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order”. The Indian Cyber Crime Coordination Center, Ministry of Home Affairs, sent reports earlier regarding it. They furthermore stated that it issued the order under section Section 69A of the Information Technology Act.
This is in fact the third time that the government blocked access to several such apps. Earlier, during the tense India-China border situation, the government blocked 59 apps, and then 118 more.
The government banned the following 43 apps:
- Adore App
- Alibaba Workbench
- AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
- Alipay Cashier
- AliSuppliers Mobile App
- AsianDate: find Asian singles
- BoxStar (Early Access)
- CamCard – Business Card Reader, BCR (Western)
- Cashier Wallet
- Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
- ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
- Conquista Online II
- Date in Asia – Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
- DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
- Drive with Lalamove India
- First Love Live
- Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
- Happy Fish
- Heroes Evolved
- Identity V
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
- Jellipop Match – Decorate your dream island!
- Lalamove India – Delivery App
- Lucky Live-Live Video Streaming App
- MGTV-HunanTV official TV APP
- Munchkin Match: magic home building
- Rela – Lesbian Social Network
- Singol, start your date!
- Snack Video
- Soul- Follow the soul to find you
- Taobao Live
- TrulyAsian – Asian Dating App
- TrulyChinese – Chinese Dating App
- Tubit: Live Streams
- WeDate-Dating App
- WeTV – TV version, Cdrama Kdrama & More, Lite
We at Truepost India are working relentlessly to serve you with truth. Stay connected with us for most accurate, reliable and up-to-date information. From politics in India and around the world, to blogs, research and critical opinions. From entertainment, to sports, tech, business, fashion and lifestyle.
Giving voice to the masses and most importantly, filtering truths and facts from rumours.
For regular updates, follow us on our social media or subscribe to our newsletter. We’re here to give our readers only the best.
Join us if you have stories to tell. We are growing and we’d love to grow together.